CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Meeting Dalin H. Oaks or was it Rusell M Nelson?

Last weekend Michael and I went to the Winter Quarters Temple. We had a wonderful time full of spiritual feelings and great love and gratitude. Afterward, we went to the Pioneer center and had a big surprise. As we walked in we saw that all the sister missionaries were lined up shaking the hand of two men and their wives. Before we knew it we realized that one of the men was one of the special witnesses of Jesus Christ here on the earth. Since the previous Sunday we had had Elder Russell M. Nelson reorganize our Stake Presidency, Mike and I thought that it was President Nelson. We commented with him about his granddaughter that is serving as a missionary in our ward. But as this gentleman shook our hand a little perplexed, we realized that we had the wrong General Authority. It was Dalin H. Oaks. Opps!

President Oaks, took my hand and looked into my eyes. His gaze looked into my soul. I felt we shared a special moment as our spirits recognized each other as followers of our Savior. I felt a confirmation of his special mission as an Apostle of Jesus Christ. It was an unforgettable moment for me. As we toured the Pioneer Center we found ourselves in the group of President Oaks. What a blessing these men are!

Michael and I enjoyed our time at the Temple together as well as our tour of the pioneer center. We feel so greaful to be together and have the gospel in our lives.

1 comment:

  1. How incredible! Thanks for all of your wonderful posts. It is really fun to see what you guys are up to and read your stories!

    ReplyDelete