CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Brandon Runs the Marathon...26.2 miles!!!!!

Brandon did the unthinkable, at least for me it is unimaginable let alone unthinkable. He ran the KC Marathon last Saturday Oct 16th. It was his first time running anything close to the 26.2 miles. He did not train so Dad and I were super concerned. He did it though. Dad and I thought we would burst with pride and relief. He sets his mind to something and he does it. I admire you so much Brandon.



This is his victory pose after finishing. He was only one of three that ran the marathon that were under the age of 18. I tend to think he was the youngest runner because he just turned 16 in August. You have to be 16 to run a marathon. He finished strong but was in allot of pain. Victory hurts!




I am the totally blown away mom in purple standing next to my champion runner.







The runners were a humongous crowd.





Mike and I stayed and waited for Brandon. After volunteering handing out water to the runners we found a place to sit and wait on the corner of the turn that lead the runners up to the finish line. We had a great time cheering runners on as we listened to a live band that was playing across the street.


Brandon is with a sister from the ward and her son waiting to start the marathon. He was the only one of the three that ran the full 26.2 miles, they did a half marathon and a 5 k.
Thank you all who donated money so that Brandon could run for charity. We want to thank Nan...and Grandpa and Grandma Mundy especially.
Brandon I wanna be just like you when I grow up!

No comments:

Post a Comment