CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 26, 2010

Sam's Hiking chair





A couple weeks ago Mike made a hiking chair for Sam. We love to go on family hikes. Sam needed something that he could fit in so Mike got his inspiration from an unlikely source. These are Mike's own words.
Here's Jack Huff, the man who built the lodge on
Mount LeConte, in the Smokey Mountain National Park.
He once carried his mother up the mountain,
while she sat in this chair strapped to his back.
This photo was the inspiration for Sam's new Backpack
Chair. I've been up Mount LeConte 10 times and would
like to carry Sam up there like this............
but it better happen soon.
That little rascal weighs about 40 pounds now
and I'm not getting any younger!
This weekend we finally got a chance to try Mike's backpack chair out. Sam LOVED IT!!!

2 comments:

  1. How creative to rig up a chair like that for Sam! I loved the story about Ben and the spring roll. I'll have to tell that story over dinner tonight. Thank you so much for your blogging. It makes me feel closer to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike is so ingenious. I love it that he cares so much for his children that he finds a way to make sure they have what they need. My husband is truly an extraordinary man.

    ReplyDelete